Block Paving Suffolk
Block paving, or brick paving is an excellent choice for your new Suffolk driveway. It involves laying block (or bricks) onto a firm, compacted base. It comes in a range of colours to suit all tastes and is a decorative alternative to Tar & Chip or Ashfalt.
It can be styled to suit any surroundings from traditional to a more contempary look. Once laid down you have an exceptionally durable surface.
Advantages of block paving
- It comes in a range of colours and styles.
- Blocks are often made of porous (often recycled) materials. This helps surface water to drain away and is kind on the environment.
- Your new Suffolk path or driveway can be laid in a variety of different patterns. The traditional interlocking herring bone pattern is the strongest and most hard wearing.
- If your Block paving driveway becomes damaged then you only need to repair the individual blocks or bricks. There is no need to relay the entire area.
- The blocks themselves are very cost effective and because they are accurately manufactured, rather than cut from natural stone they provide a neat, uniform finish.
How is it laid?
No specialist machinary is required to lay block paving. Blocks are laid on a firm and well compacted base. However, to do it well is a skilled job. Getting the foundations right is essential.
LSB surfacing have a skilled and experienced team. We do not subcontract work to outside parties, which means we can maintain our standards of workmanship and quality control. If your new surface is not done to the highest standards, then over time it will become uneven and blocks will work loose.
This type of surface is perfect for driveways and paths. In some cases the labour costs might be slightly higher, but if it is done well, the finished product will look amazing and pay for itself in added value to your property.
Please get in touch with us by phone 01223 459552 or through the website for your free, no obligation quote. We cover most of East Anglia and beyond.